Nepal has been extending its horizons as one of the most alluring tourist destinations in the world. Travelers from different countries visit Nepal in order to fill their life with enormous thrilling adventures; the certain categories of which can only be matched by the stirring trails of Nepal. Though small in size, the variety of landscapes offered by the treks in Nepal leaves one in instant surprise and utter appreciation. As you walk deeper into the wonders of Nepal, you will be humbled with the magical beauty laid down by Great Himalayas and wilderness which keeps on surprising the human race with its greatness. That is what Trekking in Nepal offers you with; a deep connection with the forgotten world of peace and glorious wonders.
Nothing can bring you as close to the profound existence of nature, as a trek through the soulful paths of Nepal. No matter how challenging one may call a certain trek, at the end, all you will be remembering is the surreal company of magnificent mountains, wildlife, magical waterfalls, refreshing mountain air, love and kind gesture of the local community, calmness of the forests, calling of the hills, teasing of the peaks, warmth of the morning sun, the taste of local production, the tranquility of the routes of Nepal and even more. A trip to Nepal can indeed prove to be an adventure of a lifetime through the walks in the trails of various Himalayan regions of Nepal. The Nepal trekking route leads you to the lap of Everest Base Camp, Annapurna Circuit, Manaslu Circuit, Kanchenjunga trek and many other incredible trekking regions of Nepal. With all the great trekking sections on the list, one is likely to be confused while choosing one. So, we are here to provide you with the list of top 13 treks in Nepal, from which you will easily be able to choose a trek which suits your taste.
Trekking is one of the most rewarding ways for travelers to figure out their purpose and the essence of life. One can truly find themselves only at the heart of nature, nowhere else. And to explore nature, one needs to act as a part of it. Buses, flights and train journeys are only a medium, but it’s the walk that will be making all the difference. Trek in Nepal, here in this land of diversity, will bring you closer to whatever you are seeking for; the journey offering you more than what you have known of, certainly leaving a positive mark in your heart with a memory too difficult to erase. Each one of your step will lead you closer to a destination as surreal as one thinks of heaven.
There are treks of different nature that Nepal offers you with. There are short treks as well as longer ones which you can choose as per your choice of trekking. Some treks involve easy hiking whereas some bring a little challenge in the climb. But as the saying goes, 'the best view can be seen after the hardest climb', one needs to put on a little effort from their side, for nature to put a huge effort from its part.
But before undertaking any trek, here are some things which you will need to ask yourself:
- For how many days are you planning to visit Nepal?
- What is your estimated budget for the trek?
- Are you travelling in a group or with a single friend?
- Are you looking for a solo trip?
- What kind of environment are you expecting to explore?
- Did you have any trekking experiences before?
- Do you consider yourself fit enough for any sort of trek?
- Are you looking for a tranquil trekking experience or a touristier one?
Thus, being greatly blessed by nature, the country has a lot to offer in the category of trekking. However, to choose among all the treks offered here, which is indeed a difficult task to do, some of the top treks in Nepal are:
Everest Base Camp Trek
- Be humbled with the hospitality of the local tea houses and the people of this region
- Enjoy the heartwarming views of various snow caped mountain peaks
- Experience the local culture and learn about the mountain lifestyle
- Explore the incredible existence of wildlife
- Get awe struck with magical waterfalls, prayer flags, Mani stones and many other beauties held by the region.
- If you wish to know in further details about this trek, click here.
This is one of the most sought after treks in the country being widely associated with the highest peak in the world; Mt. Everest. This trek is for the ones in love with a little adrenaline rush, waiting to explore the challenges led by nature to get the best experience of its glory. One gets surrounded with magnificent mountains of Everest Range including other magical peaks. This trek gets you in touch with the unaltered local culture and the undisturbed wildlife. The paths welcome you with prayer flags, Mani stones and humble smiles of the locals and the travelers. The forest grabs you with its diverse beauty, decorated with wildlife and rhododendrons. This trek is indeed magical.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
This trek has been able to grab the attention of many travelers with its heavenly paths leading to the most extraordinary scenarios laid down by nature. With little ups and downs and a few challenges, one closely gets to encounter the gratifying view of Annapurna Mountain Range. However, the path we intake is magical in itself with shining rivers, serene existence of forests, raw nature of locals and the villages, the diverse beauty of wildflowers, magical waterfalls, the warming welcome from tea houses and many more.
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp trek:
- Wash your tiredness away through the hot spring and refreshing mountain air
- Explore the local way of life while going through the traditional villages
- Enjoy the amazing views of magnificent mountain peaks in the Annapurna region
- Let yourself feel the beautiful existence of wildlife
- You can know more in detail about this astounding trek by clicking here.
Poon Hill Trek
Poon hill trek is one of the top treks with comparatively less challenges and easier nature in the Annapurna region. But it doesn’t mean, it is any less beautiful. It involves an extraordinary path leading to the top which itself is a treat for any trekkers. However, the destination brings you a magical encounter of sunrise over the Annapurna mountain range, showing us the incredible beauty of Himalayas. The paths offer you with fresh air of liveliness, welcomes you with varieties of flowers growing out of the wildlife, calms you with the sound of rivers and streams and the falls are magical in themselves. Poon Hill trek gives you all the magical vibes and gives you a new outlook towards this life and nature.
Highlights of Poon hill trek:
- Enjoy the amazing waterfalls of various heights and kinds
- Get in touch with the essence of local culture and way of life
- Fill your soul with fresh energy through the glorious view of sunrise over the mountains
- Get Wonder struck by the wondrous sights of magnificent Annapurna range
- Explore the wilderness in its rawest form
- For further more details, click here.
The trek to the three passes in the Everest Region:
Renjo La Pass, Chola pass and kongmala passare the three extraordinary passes in the Everest Region. Renjo La Pass trekis however popular in comparison being one the challenging treks in the khumbu region bringing remoteness as a beauty to its travelers in its raw form leading ti the Gokyo lakes and Gokyo ri Peak.
On the other hand, Chola pass trek takes you through both the Gokyo lakes and the Everest Base Camp region with its own deal of challenges. It is suitable to anyone seeking for something wild in nature.
Similarly, we have Kongmala pass trek, one of the less crowded trekking trails which is indeed a beautiful serene path to intake. Once one travels this path, they cannot get enough of it. It is indeed extraordinary.
Highlights of trek to three passes of the Everest region:
- Get amazed by the astounding sight of Gokyo ri peak
- Get yourself into an amazing journey in the wild with rewarding views of Gokyo lakes and the landscapes formed around it
- Enjoy a trekking experience filled with solitude through its unspoiled trails
Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the most amazing treks in the country. This trek gets you closely in touch with its wildlife through Manslu Conseration Area. This trek to Manaslu region rewards your efforts with the extraordinary view of the eighth tallest mountain in the world named Manaslu. It provides you with the beauty of Himalayas and the glimpses of Magical snowcapped peaks. This journey through Manaslu Circuit Trek surrounds you with the beauty of the wild, at the same time giving you all the feels of home through the heartwarming nature of the locals. You can know further about this amazing trek by clicking here, Manaslu circuit trek.
Highlights of Manaslu Circuit trek:
- Find yourself in the lap of the third tallest mountain in the world widely known as Mt. Manaslu
- Get awestruck with the beauty of wilderness
- Get stunned with the amazing sights of wildlife within the Manaslu conservation area
- Explore the mountain way of life
- Enjoy the wondrous scenarios of various snow caped mountain peaks
Annapurna Circuit trek
Annapurna Circuittrek carries you through various landscapes within the Annapurna Range area of Central Nepal. You can enjoy the great view of Annapurna Massif throughout the journey in Annapurna region. Filled with humble and honest Thakali people in most parts, you will be warmed with their kind gestures and heartwarming cultural ways of welcoming you. Annapurna Circuit trekking is regarded as one of the best trekking in the whole world. While Annapurna Base Camp trek takes fewer days as it is a trip only upto the Annapurna base Camp, Annapurna Circuit trek takes you through all the amazing parts of the region encircled by the whole Annapurna mountain range. This trek is filled with diversity whether it be traditional, culture, wildlife or the beauties laid down by nature. You will certainly be humbled with the glorious views of Machapuchre, Gangapurna, Manaslu and Tilicho peaks. Trek through Annapurna Circuit is truly magical.
Highlights of Annapurna Circuit trek:
- Explore the wilderness through the incredible rare existence of floras and fauna in this region
- Get accompanied with the view of mountain massifs and glorious waterfalls
- Fill yourself with warmth and joy by enjoying the local culture and ingredients
- Enjoy the mouth gasping view of magnificent mountain peaks such as Annapurna I-IV, Machapuchre, and Manaslu etc.
- Gain the experience of a lifetime with this trek to the amazing wonders of nature and culture
Langtang trek is one of the very popular treks in the country. This trek takes you to the beautiful world of monasteries, meadows, wildlife and mountains.
Being located North towards Tibet, it is highly influenced and rich in Tibetan Culture. The beauty of its path is highly gratifying and you will certainly be accompanied with picture perfect scenes throughout. Trek to Langtang has proven to be an amazing trekking experience to many of its past travelers. Explore the hidden beauties of this region by taking on this magical trek to the top. The wonders of Langtang are waiting for you.
Highlights of Langtang Trek:
- Get closely in touch with the Tibetan cultures and Tradition
- Enjoy the extraordinary views of glorious mountain peaks
- Experience the parallel existence of yourself and the wildlife
- Refresh your body and soul with the amazing walks through the magical forests offering beautiful wildlife
- Bring yourself closer to the symbolic and highly valued existence of its monasteries
Located in the Eastern region of Nepal, Kanchenjunga trek gives you an unspoiled trekking experience through the region. Trek to Kanchenjunga brings you closer to its authentic remote existence. You will certainly be awe struck with its diverse wildlife. Through this trek, you will find yourself passing through the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area where the wildlife has been protected for quite some time. You will get a magical experience with this journey though the coniferous forests, beautiful grasslands and alpine shrubs. You will be greatly gratified with the wondrous views of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Makalu and Jahnu Himal. The journey to Kanchenjunga is truly wonderful.
Highlights of Kanchenjunga Trek:
- Get awe struck with incredible Himalayan scenarios
- Explore the raw existence of wildlife such as snow leopard, black bear, red panda etc.
- Experience the local lifestyle through the mixed ethnic communities and tribes
- Get yourself an unspoiled trekking experience with diverse landscapes
Upper Dolpo Trek
Upper Dolpo Trek, being recently opened up for travelers to explore, gives you an unaltered experience of it's trails, culture, traditions, wildlife and other nature's wondrous creations. You will get to experience the magical existence of Shey Phoksundo Lake through this trek. Mostly being resided by Tibetan people, this a part of its population follows ancient 'Bon po' religion whereas there are Hindu population as well. This region is rich in wildlife and beautiful monasteries. You will be able to enjoy scenic views of beautiful mountain peaks throughout this trip to Upper Dolpo.
Highlights of Upper Dolpo Trek:
- Explore the historical connection of mankind with your visits to the monasteries
- Enjoy the jaw dropping sights of varieties of landscapes
- Know furthermore about the remote mountain life
- Get wonder struck by the beauty of Shey Phoksundo Lake
Lower Dolpo Trek
Lowe Dolpo Trek takes you through the enormous wonders of Western Nepal. Most areas of Lower Dolpo is covered with Shey Phoksundo national park. It is home to varieties of rare wildlife species and is known for being a hub for various medicinal plant species. This trek upholds its beauty through its raw trails and ancient monasteries. The trek to Lower Dolpo gives you an unique scenic beauty of it's rainshadow areas. It's devised landscapes, vegetations and wildlife make this trip to Upper Dolpo even more magical.
Highlights of Lower Dolpo Trek:
- Explore the existence of rare Medicinal Plant Species
- Enjoy the aesthetic beauty of ancient monasteries
- Get awestruck by the beautiful scenarios of it's landscapes and mountain peaks
- Get in touch with the essence of local culture and lifestyle
Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu base camp trek extends it's horizons in the Eastern part of Nepal. It upholds it's beauty with the fifth tallest mountain in the world widely known as mt. Makalu. This trek to Makalu base camp provides you with jaw dropping scenarios of snow caped mountain peaks and incredible landscapes. The existence of wildlife in this region is simply astounding. One can hardly get enough of this extraordinary trek.
Highlights of Makalu base camp:
- Enjoy the journey through the extraordinary trails to the Base Camp
- Get stunned by the glorious of the fifth highest mountain in the world, mt. Makalu
- Experience the scenic beauty of varieties of landscapes
- Get it touch with the essence of mountain lifestyle
- Explore the wilderness through the incredible existence of wildlife in this region
Gokyo Lakes Trek
Composed of five shining green lakes, Gokyo lakes is indeed a beautiful creation of nature residing proudly on the western side of Everest Base Camp. The Gokyo lakes trek takes you through the beautiful Gokyo Villages with it's authentic cultural way of life. You will certainly be stunned by the beauty of it's landscapes and the view of glorious Gokyo Ri Peak.
Highlights of Gokyo Lakes trek:
- Get in touch with the authentic culture and traditions of the local people
- Get yourself feel the warmth from the cozy existence of Gokyo Village
- Get stunned with the magical view of Gokyo Ri Peak
- Enjoy the mouth gasping existence of Gokyo Lakes
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek
Mardi Trek is one of the shortest and easiest forms of trek in the country. You will get accompanied by glorious Macchapuuchre mountain all throughout this trek to Mardi Himal Base Camp. Similarly, you will ceratinly feel refreshed with the walks through beautiful unspoiled forests and wildlife. Wildflowers welcome you gracefully throughout the trails. At the top of the trek, you will be awe struck by the beautiful existence of Annapurna mountain range and Mardi Himal itself.
Highlights of Mardi Himal Base Camp:
- Get a lifetime experience by trekking through the unspoiled trails decorated with wildflowers
- Get humbled with the magical dense existence of forests and wildlife
- Experience the jaw dropping views of Mt. Machapuchre, Annapurna and Mardi Himal
- Get amazed with it's amazing landscapes and local way of life
Thus, these were the top thirteen treks in Nepal which could be a lifetime experience for any trekkers on undertaking the journey. Each trek has its own values and beauties to offer you with, being different yet similar in a certain way. These treks are known to wash all your troubles and tensions away making you dive deep into their glorious wonders.
Nepal Nomad is here to provide you ease in the choosing of paths you want to lead with your footsteps. We care about ones safe travelling experience with the expected amount of adventure from these treks. So we as a team promise to provide you with the most honest details about the journey which you wish to intake, giving you all the support you need to undertake the journey. Contact us here at Nepal Nomad if you have any further queries or doubts. We are here to provide you with the best traveling experience in the country.